Hardware Validation Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
We are seeking an energetic and self-driven hardware validation engineer to develop, implement, and execute hardware validation plans for Apple’s next generation standard server and storage server platforms. As a key member of our hardware validation team, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to be responsible for validating, reviewing, and debugging the customized platforms that fit within Apple's future application and datacenter environments. These platforms are the bedrock of the internet services that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every day.
- Experience with high-speed I/O validation, including PCIe, SATA, DDR and USB
- Experience with voltage regulator validation
- Experience with low-speed I/O validation, including I2C, SMBus, and SPI
- Understanding of transmission-line theory, signal integrity, and high-speed circuit designs
- Experience performing system testing: four corner testing, stress testing, performance testing, etc.
- Experience performing PCB schematic and layout reviews to ensure specification compliance
- Experience with server hardware bring up, debug and troubleshooting
- Experience using high speed Logic Analyzers and Oscilloscopes, TDR/VNAs, Power Meters, etc.
- Experience with Linux operating system and basic scripting
- Experience using various stress tools and benchmarks to evaluate system behavior and identify patterns and test cases that rapidly expose design flaws
- Experience using Cadence design tools such as Cadence Allegro
- Experience working in both ODM and OEM environments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - ability to summarize/organize complex data
- Able to work alone and as a team on preparing, implementing, and maintaining validation test plans and procedures
- Experience interfacing with cross functional teams and external vendors to successfully deliver results
- Familiarity with Intel server architecture
Validation Engineer for the Hardware team Responsible for creating and executing the hardware validation plans for ISO hardware platforms and components Engages with ODMs and vendors to successfully validate all aspects of the ISO hardware platforms Reviews and audits validation reports to ensure adherence to specifications Performs board level and system level validation to identify any issues or weaknesses in design Works closely with electrical, firmware, and system engineers to debug, root cause and resolve issues Maintains familiarity with industry technology and identifies equipment, tools, and capabilities required to support validation of new technology Engages with partnering teams to smoothly transition systems from development into production Performs PCB schematic and layout reviews to catch issues prior to board release