USB Hardware Design Integration Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you love creating elegant solutions to highly complex challenges? Do you intrinsically see the importance in every detail? As part of our Silicon Technologies group, you’ll help design and manufacture our next-generation, high-performance, power-efficient processor, system-on-chip (SoC). You’ll ensure Apple products and services can seamlessly and expertly handle the tasks that make them beloved by millions. Joining this group means you’ll be responsible for crafting and building the technology that fuels Apple’s devices. Together, you and your team will enable our customers to do all the things they love with their devices. This highly transparent role will require a strong USB background spanning both hardware and software. Collaborate with the System Architecture team, Software team, and the USB micro-architecture Lead to work together to define design hardware requirements.
- 8+ years of experience in USB related SOC/IP design and RTL logic design experience of multi-million gate ASICs
- Familiarity with the USB standard, including USB1.x, USB2, and USB3.x
- Knowledge of USB across system, software, hardware, host/device side, physical/protocol layer.
- Experience in SoC design flow, especially logic synthesis, static timing analysis, and clock domain crossing
- Familiar with SOC system architecture, especially familiar with bus protocols
- Excellent debugging skills, managerial, leadership, and people management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
As the USB Hardware Design Integration Manager, you will have responsibilities spanning all aspects of SoC design and chip bring up. You will manage a team of USB design integration engineers to develop and deliver USB design subsystems and netlists. Communicate the USB SoC requirements to vendors or internal IP team. Lead and work with a multi-functional engineering team to craft, design and validate USB subsystems for SoCs for next generation Apple products
Education & Experience
BSEE / MSEE is required