USB Hardware Design Integration Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same real passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next phenomenal Apple product. Do you enjoy working on challenges that no one has solved yet? As a member of our dynamic group, you will get the unrivaled and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and encourage millions of Apple’s customers every single day. Are you ready to join a team transforming hardware technology? We are searching for a hardworking engineer to join our exciting team of problem solvers. This highly transparent role will require a strong USB background spanning both hardware and software. Collaborate with the System Architecture team, Software team, and the USB micro-architecture Lead to work together to define design hardware requirements.
- 8+ years of experience in USB related SOC/IP design and RTL logic design experience of multi-million gate ASICs
- Familiarity with the USB standard, including USB1.x, USB2, and USB3.x
- Knowledge of USB across system, software, hardware, host/device side, physical/protocol layer.
- Experience in SoC design flow, especially logic synthesis, static timing analysis, and clock domain crossing
- Familiar with SOC system architecture, especially familiar with bus protocols
- Excellent debugging skills, managerial, leadership, and people management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
As the USB Hardware Design Integration Manager, you will have responsibilities spanning all aspects of SoC design and chip bring up. You will manage a team of USB design integration engineers to develop and deliver USB design subsystems and netlists. Communicate the USB SoC requirements to vendors or internal IP team. Lead and work with a multi-functional engineering team to craft, design and validate USB subsystems for SoCs for next generation Apple products
Education & Experience
BSEE / MSEE is required