WTE Systems Test Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Join the Wireless Technologies and Eco-Systems (WTE) organization and drive innovation that matters! We build and seamlessly integrate technologies that enrich people’s lives and deliver the absolute best user-experience. If you're passionate about building technology that will make a difference, we may have the job for you
- Minimum 5-10 years hands on experience in wireless development / System engineering / Certification
- Strong knowledge and experience of 5G NR Phy/MAC and higher layer control and user planes
- Hands on experience on developing and validating test cases for mobile devices and cellular technologies (LTE/UMTS/CDMA/VoLTE) using popular test development platforms
- Proven experience of investigating and resolving cellular device side issues
- Good understanding of mmWave propagation, dual connectivity and recent developments in standardization
- Broad spectrum of knowledge to be able to understand end-to-end network system architecture from wireless physical layer all the way up to application end-point.
- Proven ability to independently own a complete area of technology and drive product quality working with cross-functional teams
- Attention to the smallest details that are significant to customers
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
We expect you to be hands-on relying upon diagnostics, analytics, crowd sourced information, lab/field experimentations as well as code/architecture review to exploit the opportunities for improvement and work multi-functionally with platform architecture, standardization, firmware/protocol development, system test & carrier engineering teams to drive the enhancement proposals and baseband optimizations. You will be required to develop advanced system evaluation and debugging capabilities. Our members enjoy the flexibility to be involved in all aspects of Protocol software - PHY, RF, SIM, NAS, AS, IP, TCP/UDP and iOS interfaces, to ensure the most robust and customer friendly software. If you are passionate about cellular technologies, want to make an impact and have the desire to work on groundbreaking cellular technologies, then we are looking for you. As part of this team you'll be impacting iPhone user experience in 100+ countries by engaging in continuous process improvements for a well tested and robust software.