RF System Integration Engineer – Cellular Technologies
San Diego, California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Every single day, people do amazing things at Apple. Do you want to impact billions of users by developing an extraordinary product with a prime focus on accuracy, understandability and performance of the product? You will become part of a hands-on development team that furthers engineering perfection, creativity and innovation. Dynamic, inspiring people and innovative technologies are the norm here. We want you to join our team if you are a resourceful engineer with the desire to research and develop solutions that do not yet exist. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish Candidate will develop and optimize RF automation systems used on Apple’s newest products including iPhone, Watch, iPad and more for different wireless technologies. Candidate will support multiple products by authoring scalable software and utilizing strong engineering fundamentals. • Candidate will contribute to a multi-facetted software suite based on C/C++. • Candidate should be well versed with various wireless technologies. • Furthermore, the candidate will analyze results in conjunction with RF Hardware and Antenna Engineering teams to identify and root cause issues.
- Excellent fundamentals and relevant work experience programming in one or more of C, C++, Objective-C
- Good working knowledge of RF fundamentals
- Basic knowledge of RF lab equipment including: spectrum analyzers, vector signal generators, power sensors, switch controllers, combiners, etc.
- Good understanding of RF para metrics
- Basic knowledge of EE lab equipment including: oscilloscopes, multimeters, power supplies, etc.
- Energy and drive to thrive in a start-up like environment
- Knowledge of Object Oriented Programming (OOP) concepts & scalable software design principles
- ---> Cellular Candidates: Knowledge or exposure of calibration algorithms for Tx power, XO, RSSI, Envelope tracking, IQ mismatch
- Power user of test and automation using the latest Rohde & Schwarz, Litepoint, and/or Agilent cellular equipment. Specifically, experience with testing RF metrics for different technologies
- Recent experience or understanding of current wireless RF standards (e.g. 3GPP, GSM, WCDMA, UMTS, LTE)
2+ years of industry experience or equivalent Recent experience in developing test solutions for various wireless technologies Recent experience developing new software applications or drivers on any platform Recent experience with current and upcoming cellular wireless RF standards (e.g. 3GPP, GSM, WCDMA, UMTS, LTE) Familiarity with cellular tester like CMW-500, Agilent EXT/8960 or equivalent is preferred. Familiarity with tools that enable high volume manufacturing of these technologies
Education & Experience
BSEE required, MSEE preferred