Site Reliability & IT Infrastructure Manager
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Apple’s JMET team is seeking a SRE Manager who would be responsible to lead our SRE & Infrastructure teams. The Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) position requires a mix of strategic engineering and design along with hands-on, technical work. You will have experience in being a Systems Administrator, that has moved on to DevOps/Automation in their career. This is an unrivaled opportunity in which you will be responsible for building a brand new team for JMET in Austin. JMET is a rare team focused on security initiatives that provides critical IT solutions across most of Apple’s product line. These solutions are utilized from the manufacturing space all the way to customer facing solutions. We are looking for a passionate individual who can excel in a dynamic environment, who can be a self starter and bring their passion to ensure quality and reliability of the solutions we maintain.
- You have a proven ability of building and running high-performance teams
- Experience with distributed systems in a production operations environment
- Unix or Linux administration and performance tuning skills,
- 5+ years of managing services in a large scale *nix environment Experience with DevOps tools, processes, and culture.
- Proven experience with Automation skills using Ansible, Chef, Jenkins, and puppet
- Oracle DB knowledge and troubleshooting skills
- Java and JVM technologies runtime configurations and troubleshooting.
- Infrastructure knowledge of Networks, load balancers, Firewalls and WAF.
- SDLC and release engineering including source code repository and build tools including SVN and GIT.
- Network, System and Application Security knowledge.
- Experience with Kafka or other message queueing technology a plus
- A consistent track record of automation
You will review hardware, software infrastructure and application functionality for optimization. Identify performance bottlenecks. You will be responsible for the full system lifecycle including configuration, code deployment in user acceptance test and production environments. Monitor infrastructure and application services and drive incident management. You will collaborate with Apple's production support team, application engineers, project managers, systems engineers, network engineers, database administrators and QA team to effectively ensure availability and reliability of the JMET solutions.
Education & Experience
Degree in Engineering, or 5+ years of equivalent, hands-on applicable experience in large enterprise environments.