Siri - Systems Engineer
San Francisco, California, United States
Software and Services
Siri Search is a universal search engine of world knowledge that powers search features across a variety of Apple products, including Siri, Spotlight, Safari, Messages and Lookup. The features we create are redefining how hundreds of millions of people use their computers and mobile devices to search and find what they are looking for. Play a part in defining a modern search stack based on machine learning, natural language understanding, structured knowledge and big data.
- Past datacenter experience required
- Experience with troubleshooting server hardware required
- Ability to diagnose server issues down to the sub-system level remotely.
- Should have working knowledge of Linux systems with a good understanding of TCP/IP networking.
- Have a good understating of Kickstart, PXE, DHCP, DNS, BMC, BIOS, IPMI, Server sub-systems, and Datacenter network cabling
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Networking experience a plus
- Experience in at least one scripting language (Shell/Perl/PHP/etc) a plus.
- Maintain high degree of self-motivation and independent decision-making.
- Inventory, procurement, shipping/receiving experience a plus
The Systems Engineer is responsible for helping to maintain compute infrastructure in a fast-paced environment with rapidly shifting priorities, while maintaining high availability. A strong attention to detail and effective documentation skills are critical components to success in this position.
Education & Experience
Prefer an Associates or Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Network Engineering