Senior Embedded Wireless Software Engineer
San Diego, California, United States
In this highly visible role, you will be at the center of the embedded firmware effort within a silicon design group responsible for designing and productizing state-of-the-art wireless SOCs.
- The ideal candidate will have 10+ years of embedded software development experience with commercial SOC products for very high volume consumer electronics products.
- Deep understanding of software engineering principles, and core computer science fundamentals.
- Fundamental facility with C and C++, compilers, build and source code control tools.
- Significant experience with memory constrained Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS) and concurrent programming.
- Working knowledge of computer architecture with particular emphasis on the HW/SW interfaces of high speed communication or storage subsystems.
- Experience with silicon prototyping, emulation systems, and virtual platforms.
- Proficiency debugging embedded software systems. Familiarity with UARTs, JTAG, and oscilloscopes.
- Experience with wireless communication principles, PHY layer, calibrations, and protocols: 3GPP, 802.11 or Bluetooth.
Specify, design, and implement the firmware architecture of a state-of-the-art mobile wireless communications system. Work with silicon designers to define processor, bus, DMA, accelerator, and memory subsystems. Assist in the development of pre-silicon emulation systems/virtual platforms and use them for pre-silicon FW design and HW verification. Implement key protocol, signal processing and numerical algorithms with very tight time, latency and energy budgets. Evaluate and implement leading edge tools for build, formal verification and test. Define methodologies and best practices.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or computer science is required.