Security Hardware Design Integration Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you love creating elegant solutions to highly complex challenges? Do you intrinsically see the importance in every detail? As part of our Silicon Technologies group, you’ll help design and manufacture our next-generation, high-performance, power-efficient processor, system-on-chip (SoC). You’ll ensure Apple products and services can seamlessly and efficiently handle the tasks that make them beloved by millions. Joining this group means you’ll be responsible for crafting and building the technology that fuels Apple’s devices. Together, you and your team will enable our customers to do all the things they love with their devices. We have a highly visible role for an individual with strong lab-based security experience spanning both hardware and software for mobile devices. As the Security Design Integration, you will collaborate with the Architecture team to receive security hardware requirements and work with a multi-functional engineering teams to build, design and validate security hardware for SoCs for next generation Apple products
- RTL Logic Design experience of multi-million gate ASICs
- Hands on experience for the entire chip development process with proficiency in front end tools and methodologies.
- Experience writing specifications and converting them to design.
- Experience with bring up and lab debug of FPGAs and silicon.
- Proven background in the micro-architecture of secure systems and design of security blocks.
- Working knowledge of symmetric asymmetric cryptographic algorithms as well as authentication techniques and processes.
- Proven background on cryptographic implementations including ECC, RSA, AES, SHA, and RNG.
- Working knowledge on implementations of side-channel-attack and fault-attack countermeasures.
- Experience in analyzing the security of a design for weaknesses.
- Knowledge of microprocessor architecture.
- Good knowledge of Verilog and FPGA prototyping.
- Work with other SoC team members to deliver working secure hardware solutions - Develop micro-architecture and design specifications - Implement and verify complex logic designs - Hands-on verification and validation on emulation platforms running with the SW drivers - Prototyping of various HW and SW security related situations.
Education & Experience
MSEE or BSEE Degree, or equivalent is required