Technical Project Manager
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Changing the world is all in a day's work at Apple. If you love innovation, here's your chance to make a career of it. You'll work hard but the job comes with more than a few perks. If fulfillment, inspiration, adventure and advancement are your kind of perks, we'd love to hear from you. Like to be around people who love technology? Like to be around technology that loves people? Apple offers a work environment unlike any other. There's the typical job. Punch in, push paper, punch out, repeat. Then there's a career at Apple. Where you're encouraged to defy routine. To explore the far reaches of the possible. To travel uncharted paths. And to be a part of something far bigger than yourself. Because around here, changing the world just comes with the job description. Apple’s Information Systems & Technology has an immediate opening for a Production Support Lead. Application Production Support (APS) Team supports and maintains several global, mission critical production systems. These applications span across multiple technologies in Business Intelligence, Service Management, Middleware Platforms, Internet Commerce and a host of Third-party & Custom applications on various platforms. The APS team is responsible for 24x7 support of applications, incident resolution, problem management, system maintenance & performance management, defect fixes, migration of fixes across environments, and coordination with various stakeholders for production support related activities. In this role, you would lead Production Support teams located in Austin and Offshore. You would also be the go-to person for the production support team for all day-to-day activities. The job demands significant interaction with Helpdesk, Application Owners, System Engineers, Network Engineers, DBAs and key Business Users on a regular basis.
- 10+ years of overall experience working on multiple IT platforms
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to coordinate with multiple technical and business teams
- Experience in designing and improving support processes in large IT organizations
- Exposure to Helpdesk processes is a plus, as well as exposure to PCI patching and OEL kernel upgrades is a definite plus
- Should be self-driven, highly motivated, innovative and have a consistent record of running multiple production environments for large user base
- You should be able to lead change, and work in an extremely fast-paced environment, and experience in leading large teams across multiple locations
- Should have significant experience with developing or supporting enterprise applications from end-to-end.
- Oracle Database, PL/SQL, CouchDB, MongoDB, Hadoop, Teradata, Cassandra
- JBoss, Tomcat, WebMethods, Jive, Ansible, Puppet, Jenkins, Docker, Nagios
- We seek a self starter, forward-thinking person with strong leadership capabilities
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, with technical and non-technical multi-functional teams
- You will interact with many other group’s internal team to lead and deliver exclusive products in an exciting fast-paced environment
- Dynamic, intelligent and inspiring people, innovative technologies are the norm here. Will you join us in crafting solutions that do not yet exist?
- Provide overall leadership to onsite and offshore teams supporting multiple production applications - Lead and measure quality and process alignment of the support team Institutionalize best practices for support operations - Review and manage response time and resolution time SLAs - Drive productivity improvements and measurement - Drive root-cause analysis and resolution of all production issues - Drive automation of various manual tasks in day to day support - Lead all key stakeholder communication Plan and run resource transitions and skill-set assessment - Dedicatedly run all the significant system events, product launches and transaction growth - Partner with multiple application owners, and key business users for issue prioritization - Run support transition of new project releases every month - Build knowledge assets by partnering and collaborating with various multi-functional development teams - Provide domain expertise, guidance and direction to team members - Handle production systems crisis and communication Conduct critical issue post-mortem (or follow-up) meetings - Lead Month-end and Quarter-end operations and communications - Key stakeholder engagement for critical issue follow-up and action items - Handle validations and cutover of key infrastructure upgrade activities - Participate in periodic status update meetings with Application Owners and Business users
Education & Experience
BS degree or higher in CS or in related field