Instrumentation Design Scientist
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple designs consumer products that touch millions. We change the way that people interact with electronic devices around the world. Our organization plays a key role in keeping up the quality standards at Apple and making sure that our customers are happy with the quality and experience of the hardware that they use. Employees of this organization enjoy having a chance to lead the design of a complete and custom system that is instrumental to the quality of Apple's products.people interact with electronic devices around the world. The Instrumentation Team is responsible for developing technologies, methodologies and instrumentation for the calibration and validation of Apple’s products. These solutions will be used during New Product Introduction (NPI).
- Good fundamental knowledge and problem solving skill in engineering is a must.
- Experience in Statistical analysis on large data sets is preferred.
- Hands-on experience in optical measurement systems (characterization, test and validation)
- Experience with light measurement is required (Photometry, Spectroradiometry)
- Competence in programming in C/C++, MATLAB, Python, JMP, R or Perl
- Experience with Objective-C/Cocoa programming and optical modeling software (Zemax, Code V) are definite pluses.
- Self-motivated, independent, and proactive. Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work well in a collaborative, highly cross-functional and fast paced environment.
- Willingness to travel up to 20%.
The scope of an Instrumentation Scientist is to design and deploy an effective measurement system that includes test methodology, hardware, software, instrument and fixture design. The candidate will work closely with engineering groups within Apple to ensure the success of the current and future Apple products.