Business Development Lead - Apple Media
Culver City, California, United States
The people here at Apple don’t just create products - they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple and help us leave the world better than we found it. We’re growing and urge you to apply. We believe the role would place you in a highly-energized environment with some of the most talented creative individuals in the industry where you would be inspired to share your years of experience along with providing extraordinary support for the team. Job Summary Come be a part of one of the fastest growing businesses at Apple. Apple’s Internet Software & Services team is seeking an experienced, thoughtful and entrepreneurial individual with a passion for media and entertainment to help massively grow its services business including Apple Music. You will be supporting the IS&S team’s global growth efforts with a focus on developing new partnership opportunities, negotiation of deal framework and terms, and managing existing strategic partners. In collaboration with Apple’s engineering, marketing, and legal teams, you’ll develop solutions for some of the most complex partnership challenges. The role requires a highly motivated and experienced team player with great attention to detail who is able to work with multiple internal and external teams to meet hard deadlines. The candidate needs to be a self-starter and able to originate, develop and manage partnerships with 3rd parties to distribute and market Apple’s media and entertainment services.
- Minimum 8-10 years of meaningful industry work experience in building business cases, establishing and maintaining business relationships, and contract negotiations.
- Direct experience within the music industry as a label, publisher or platform is a plus.
- Deep understanding of the overall media and OTT landscape.
- Strong business network at senior Executive level.
- Consistent record of successful negotiation with both 3rd parties and cross-functionally within a large business structure.
- Passion, energy and drive.
- Extraordinary business development and partnership management track record.
- Strong command of business and financial modeling.
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
Help to build business models and programs that help partners to achieve their business goals. Lead negotiations with strategic partners to ensure that Apple’s services are made available to large volumes of customers and marketed in accordance with Apple’s high standards. Work with business management teams to negotiate terms with rights holders that enable the partnerships. Lead project management activities for integrating partners into the Apple’s services platform. Lead the ongoing commercial relationships with partners including reporting, analysis and contract renegotiations.
Education & Experience
BA/BS degree required; MBA or equivalent degree preferred.
- The role involves significant travel.