Senior Site Reliability Engineer – Video Engineering
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Video Engineering team is working on exciting technologies for future Apple products, and we're looking for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to help us take our efforts to the next level. So what will you do as a Site Reliability Engineer? In this role, you'll work on a highly dynamic team that designs and implements cutting-edge software for high throughput, low latency systems. These systems support computer vision, deep learning and machine learning efforts for both existing products as well as research and development. Specifically, our efforts directly supported both FaceID and Animoji, and we've got a whole new set of fun slated for 2019 and beyond. We wish we could be more specific, but you know how this goes.
- Container engines (Docker/rkt/LXD)
- Experience running container cluster managers such as HashiCorp Nomad, Kubernetes or Mesos
- Experience configuring and scaling infrastructure on Public cloud such AWS, GCE or Azure
- You are a polyglot, i.e. ability to write code in more than one high level language (preferably Python, Go and Java)
- You also have UI chops and can build self-service applications
Your responsibilities will ultimately center around automation, security, scaling, redundancy, uptime, end to end monitoring, and analytics to support the ingestion of unstructured data from a wide variety of devices over multiple transport protocols from a myriad of platforms. If you got through that sentence, then you may have the grit we are looking for. ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE: You will be expected to contribute to the infrastructure design and harvesting the design to practical use A good idea about Continuous Integration - Continuous Deployment lifecycle You are a good system engineer, and able to navigate the *nix wonderland
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science/Computer Engineering (or equivalent experience
- Experience with image manipulations is a plus
- Experience working with “big data” (i.e., petabyte+ data sizes) is a plus
- Experience with TensorFlow is a plus
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.