Display Module Engineer (OLED)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple is looking for a Display Module Engineer to lead the design and qualification activities of innovative OLED displays used in Mac products. Core Responsibilities: In this role, you will engage and work with a highly cross-functional engineering team to include Mac systems, Mechanical, Electrical, Display Optical, Supply Management teams among others. You will also interface and manage relationships with Display vendors and suppliers. You will manage all engineering activities necessary to deliver displays into final products from initial design concept. You will be responsible for the overall display module development acting as Direct Responsible Individual.
- Minimum of three years hands-on experience and proven track record in the design and development of Flat Panel Displays.
- Demonstrated ability to perform AMOLED design & validation is a must.
- Experiences in developing and manufacturing high volume display products preferred.
- Proven track of record in panel design & process in mainstream AMOLED industry.
- In-depth knowledge of AMOLED design and process.
- Experience in working directly with mainstream AMLCD or AMOLED vendors is preferred.
- Excellent project managements, written and verbal communication skills and people skills are required.
You will investigate up-to-date AMOLED Display technologies and generate new approaches to further enhance Apple Mac display optical performances. Define and review the overall module optical architecture & performance requirements. Define & implement rigorous validation plan for a total display optical and module performances. Work with system engineering team to understand system requirements and validate display modules performances at system level. Work with project teams and supply base throughout product development phase and support the initial product ramp. Work with cross-functional teams to do failure analysis on AMOLED defects.
Education & Experience
MS in Physics, Optics, EE or ME (or BS degree plus a minimum of 5 years experience)