Display Technologies Architect
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you love working on state-of-the-art technologies? Are you a visionary and love solving technological and architectural challenges? At Apple, team features a collaborative and hands-on environment that cultivates engineering excellence, creativity, and innovation. In this highly visible role, you will work with display technology teams to support the developments of display architectures for next generation technology. You will play a critical role in assessing and developing new display technologies for possible use in Apple products, crafting new designs and intellectual property for Apple, and interacting with multiple partners across the company and with technology and product suppliers to Apple.
- Specialist in display architecture and stack-up
- Experience with OLED display design and stack-up
- Familiar with display processes and processes used for the complete display module up to the cover glass
- An accomplished engineer with a track record of successful development of consumer products using novel materials and mechanical designs. Real-world success in developing products is desirable.
- Experience with issues involved in transitioning laboratory technology to manufacturing. Proven ability to work with and coordinate internal design, manufacturing, and reliability teams, and with external suppliers and vendors is desirable.
- Experience with flexible displays, in crafting, fabricating, and evaluating flexible electronic devices and flexible electronic components is desirable.
- Innovative, curious mind-set proven by papers, patents, new products
As a technologist responsible for figuring out suitability of new display technologies, you will have a wide range of responsibilities in assessing, modeling, and crafting technologies for use in possible Apple future products: Assessing the mechanical performance of display technologies, across the range of products and systems sold by Apple Modeling display mechanical performance and improving properties to meet Apple product needs Work with suppliers to characterize and improve display mechanical performance
Education & Experience
Masters Degree, preferably Ph.D in physics, chemical engineering or mechanical engineering