Health Software Regulatory QA Engineer
San Diego, California, United States
Software and Services
The Health Software QA team is seeking a Regulatory QA Engineer to help us ensure that our Health related applications are high quality, user-focused, and in accordance with FDA and ISO regulations. In this role, you will be working in an energizing environment that is dynamic and relies heavily on a tight relationship between Development, Regulatory, and QA teams. As a member of our fast-paced group in Apple Health, you will have the rare and rewarding opportunity to contribute to and improve the software that allows our products to delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every day.
- 3+ years of experience working in Software Quality Assurance
- Ability to investigate and debug difficult problems
- Creative thinker and strong problem solver with meticulous attention to detail
- An enthusiasm for user-focused design & high-quality technology
- At ease and adaptable in a dynamic and informal environment
- Experience with software risk assessments and feels comfortable making recommendations for fix priority
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to facilitate close interaction with development teams, management, and other organizations within Apple
- Highly organized, creative, motivated, and passionate about achieving results
In this position, you will need to be self-motivated with strong technical and social skills. You will handle responsibilities such as the functional testing of applications including Health, Heart, and Workout. Your responsibilities will include the design and implementation of test plans and test cases, risk analysis, & integration testing across the system.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or equivalent on-the-job experience in software medical device quality industry.
- Knowledge of ISO and FDA regulations is a bonus
- Software literacy with Apple's watchOS, iOS, and macOS