Health Software Regulatory Automation Engineer
San Diego, California, United States
Software and Services
The Health Experiences QA team is seeking an Automation Engineer to help ensure that our Health-related applications are high quality and user-focused, and in accordance with FDA and ISO regulations. We're looking for critical thinkers who would like to play a key role in qualifying iOS and watchOS applications and the frameworks that support them. As a member of our fast-paced group in Apple Health, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to shape and improve the software that allows our products to delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every day.
- 4+ years of experience with device automation, including developing, triaging, and maintaining tests
- Knowledge of Object-Oriented programming and how to build and use frameworks
- Passion for quality and desire to push forward Apple product quality through deeply technical UI and low-level automation
- Creative thinker and strong problem solver with meticulous attention to detail to investigate and debug difficult issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are needed to facilitate close interaction with development teams, management, and other organizations within Apple
This position requires a self-motivated individual with strong programming fundamentals and prior experience in programming or automation. You will handle responsibilities that span all phases of development including writing new automated tests for a for our regulated Health-related software features, and building out the infrastructure necessary to run that automation. Attention to detail and the ability to manage priorities in a fast-paced and growing environment are essential skillsets.
Education & Experience
BS degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- - Software literacy with Apple's watchOS, iOS, and macOS
- - Strong programming fundamentals
- - Strong knowledge of relational databases
- - Familiarity with version control systems such as git
- - Experience writing and working with APIs
- - Knowledge of ISO and FDA regulations is a bonus