Carrier Technologies Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Carrier Technologies Management team is seeking a talented individual with outstanding communication skills and an exceptional technical knowledge of cellular technologies. Every person on our team makes a clear difference to the product. This is a great opportunity to work with iOS engineering teams to help drive and deliver the most innovative Apple wireless devices and iOS software features to customers on our operators’ networks worldwide. This position entails frequent interaction with carriers, infra vendors, marketing, s/w engineering, h/w engineering and regulatory teams.
- Knowledge of 3GPP/3GPP2 technologies and networking protocols
- Deep understanding of wireless technologies: GSM, UMTS, LTE-FDD, LTE-TDD
- Proven experience in C/C++ coding in POSIX or embedded environment
- Broad experience in overall system design, implementation, and software architectures
- Minimum of 8 years prior engineering experience working on phones or similar products that operate on cellular networks
- Experience working with vendors/partners
- Strong software program or project management experience
- Self-motivated and pro-active with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Outstanding verbal and written interpersonal skills
- System software release experience
- Willingness to travel as necessary
- We promote innovation and new technology to further improve our creative output. We're looking for a talented and passionate person to join this amazing team, if you feel this is you, we'd love to hear from you.
The primary responsibility of Carrier Technology Manager is use chipset, carrier and network infrastructure roadmaps to help internal software and hardware development teams align, plan and design new cellular technologies for upcoming products. Responsibilities involve working with internal teams on feature definition, discuss solution architecture with vendors and carriers and drive iOS features towards commercialization in global markets.
Education & Experience
BS EE/CS/CE or equivalent.