USB Hardware Design Integration Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Does making the next great technology product excite you? Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, our new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. We bring passion and dedication to our job and when you are a part of that team there's no telling what you could accomplish. In this highly visible role, we are looking for an individual with a strong USB background spanning both hardware and software. The USB Design Integration will work with a multi-functional engineering team to craft and validate USB subsystems for SoCs for next generation Apple products.
- 8+ years of RTL Logic Design experience of multi-million gate ASICs
- Familiarity with USB standard, including USB3 and/or USB2.
- Knowledge of USB across system, software, hardware, host/device side, physical/protocol layer.
- Experience of SoC design flow, especially logic synthesis, static timing analysis, and clock domain crossing.
- Familiar with SOC system architecture, especially familiar with bus protocols.
- Excellent debugging skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
As the USB Hardware Design Integration Engineer, you will have responsibilities spanning all aspects of SoC design and chip bring up: - Working with other specialists that are members of the SoC Design, SoC Design Verification, System Verification, Firmware, Emulation, STA, and Physical Design teams to deliver working USB hardware solutions within the SoC - Work together to define design hardware requirements. - Communicate requirements to vendors or the internal IP teams. - Developing micro-architecture and design specifications. - Implementing and verifying complex logic designs. - Hands-on verification and validation on emulation platforms running with the SW drivers. - Working with designers on STA, physical, power and logical issues.
Education & Experience
BSEE / MSEE is required