Triage Software Engineer for Publishing Systems
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Publishing Systems Engineering team at Apple is seeking a passionate, detail-oriented Triage Engineer to support our CMS and catalog management tools in our non-production environments. This role will contribute to the success of the team by providing excellent review and management of PubSys Apps & Services tickets from every software project that the Apple Online Retail Engineering team delivers into production. Your work will support the development of projects that will be seen by millions of customers world-wide.
- 5+ years experience with global e-commerce shopping experience development and execution
- Able to anticipate and resolve problems on the fly using Hubble, Splunk, etc
- Strong Java, J2EE, Struts or other MVC framework design and programming skills
- Strong working knowledge of WebObjects, JavaServer Pages, Spring, Hibernate
- Experience with a repository such as SVN or git
- Experience with a bug tracking system
- Demonstrated experience working with minimal supervision on large, multi-functional projects
- Strong decision making and prioritization skills; have experience executing complex production schedules with dependencies and competing priorities
- Comfortable upholding organizational values and standard methodologies, while balancing competing time-to-market pressures
- Strong technical background, and an ability to collaborate effectively with engineers
- Comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment where ambiguity and short turnaround schedules are the norm
- High degree of ownership and accountability
- We seek a self starter, forward-thinking person with strong leadership capabilities.
- Exceptional communication skills, for collaborating across many participating teams.
- You will interact with many other group’s internal team to lead and deliver best-in-class products in an exciting fast-paced environment.
- Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. Will you join us in crafting solutions that do not yet exist?
The Triage Engineer will engage with engineering teams throughout feature development from implementation to validation. This person will actively identify, prioritize, and work towards resolution of internally reported bugs, milestone checklist items, and development features. They will present and communicate top issues, their risks, and impacts to the engineering leadership team. They will manage the priorities, scoping, and timelines for issues blocking critical team deliverables/milestones. The Triage Engineer will work alongside many talented individuals who design, engineer, validate, and deliver these great e-commerce features. Manage an offshore & onshore contractor team who is responsible for supporting the Online Store's publishing applications & services in their non-production environments Track, package, and deploy all bug fixes in accordance with complex release plans Work actively to achieve a bug-free environment across a multi-project & platform portfolio Coordinate with off-shore and onshore resources to ensure tasks are completed efficiently and to organizational standards Produce detailed documentation of feature support and development work completed Gather and report metrics to development teams who own the tools
Education & Experience
Bachelors or its international equivalent degree required