RF/OTA Systems Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple's Wireless Design team is seeking an RF/OTA Systems engineer with a strong foundation in RF characteristics (system level) and a demonstrable passion for building new technologies for modern wireless communication systems such as GSM/GPRS/EDGE, 802.11, Bluetooth etc. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Every single day, people do amazing things at Apple. Do you want to impact billions of users by developing an extraordinary product with a prime focus on accuracy, understandability and performance of the product? You will become part of a hands-on development team that furthers engineering perfection, creativity and innovation. Dynamic, inspiring people and innovative technologies are the norm here. We want you to join our team if you are a resourceful engineer with the desire to research and develop solutions that do not yet exist. We're looking for someone to work with Antenna designers and RF Engineers to verify that antennas are suitable for wireless portable devices with good radiation performance, including TRP, TIS, SAR, and EMC.
- You have working experience of antenna design and tests, anechoic chambers, and RF test equipment as well as hands-on experience.
- You have a strong passion to solve problems relating to and have strong working knowledge of radiation performance, antenna and wave propagation theoretical background.
- Experience with different wireless communication systems such as GSM/GPRS/EDGE, 802.11, Bluetooth etc. including the corresponding system level specifications (e.g. ETSI 51.010, 51.05…) is important.
- Experience with regulatory requirements and process for wireless consumer devices, including FCC, PTCRB, CTIA, ETSI, TIA/EIA, etc.
- Excellent communication skills required, both written & verbal.
- Detail oriented - taking data, using Excel, and making meaningful tables/graphs/averages.
- Programming skills in C, C++ would be a plus
You will be expected to create and execute detailed test plans for antenna passive and OTA performance, provide feedback to the design engineers for performance optimization, create test reports, and lead the radiated tests for type approval and certification. Also, you will be required to create test plans to qualify and quantify different modulation schemes as required depending on the wireless communication system being designed.
Education & Experience
BSEE, MSEE preferred