3rd Party App Compatibility, Tester
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple’s 3rd Party App Compatibility team is looking for a curious, tenacious individual with strong communication skills and attention to detail. The primary responsibility of this role is identifying bugs within third-party apps on future iOS, tvOS, and watchOS releases, ensuring a high-quality customer experience when Apple ships software updates and new mobile devices.
- Creative thinker and strong problem solver with good QA intuition
- Ambitious and self-motivated, with ability to work to deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Understanding of and experience with the software development cycle and a QA’s role in it
- Excellent communication skills are a requirement due to the high level of interaction with engineering teams, management, and other organizations within Apple
- Experience with macOS or Linux command line
- Highly organized, creative, motivated, and passionate about achieving results
- At ease and adaptable
In the 3rd Party App Compatibility team, we champion the customer experience. We want customer's apps to work great after every OS update. Since third-party apps are so detailed, this position interacts with virtually every aspect of iOS, tvOS, and watchOS. With all the ways third-party apps can use the OS, this position is multi-functional in nature, interacting with multiple development and project management teams. In this role you will be responsible for performing periodic regression testing, manual ad-hoc (black box) testing of 3rd party apps, identifying areas suitable for automation, and providing assistance and feedback to cross-functional teams.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of one or more Scripting or Programming Languages including Swift, Objective C, Python, etc. is a plus