Director, Employee Relations Apple Retail
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Do you have a passion to help others succeed? Do you genuinely believe that talent is the greatest asset of any company? As a member of Apple’s People group, you’ll help discover and develop our most important resource: our people. Together, we’ll search the world to build our collective of talented perfectionists, visionaries, and inventors. All the while, your efforts will maintain Apple as the most innovative company by striving to make us the most diverse — open to all people, all backgrounds, and all perspectives. And that’s just the beginning, because throughout Apple employees’ careers, you will continue to help professional growth and support them in work and life. Join the People team and help build and keep the extraordinary talent it takes to make extraordinary products. Employee Relations (ER) is a global team that partners with management and the People Team by providing specialized consultation and guidance on employee matters.
- Experienced professional with a demonstrated understanding of employee relations and Apple’s People strategy
- 10+ years related experience or HR management experience with proven employee relations experience
- Demonstrable ability to effectively organize, prioritize, and handle multiple assignments simultaneously
- Proven to resolve a wide range of issues in creative ways
- Ability to set strategic direction for the Retail ER team and Retail organization based on analytic and anecdotal data
- Demonstrated ability to influence at all levels
- Able to build positive relationships with line managers, senior leaders and HR colleagues.
- Superb communication skills including effective listening, writing and presentation
- Consistently exhibits high levels of discretion, integrity and confidentiality
- Ability to develop, encourage and direct a team of professionals
Provide counsel and direction on a myriad of ER issues to NAMER Retail Leadership teams, inclusive of international/regional and state labor laws Build and implement strategy for the Retail ER organization in conjunction with the Retail Leaders and the Global ER organization. Manage ER staff to ensure competency and consistency of practices Using ER metrics, regularly report trends and hot spots in the Retail organization to Leadership. Make recommendations for proactive measures/solutions to address issues and trends. Lead and/or participate in Retail and Global ER projects/initiatives Support the Business Partnering teams to communicate and filter decisions through Apple’s values and culture. Assess and help mitigate Legal, ER and engagement risks, both current and future. Participate with NAMER Retail Leadership on change management streams to guide decision-making surrounding business initiatives. Develop leadership capability through coaching, business partnering and learning solutions in response using data trends and internal and external research.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree required
- Apple is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.