Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you love working in a complex, global, interdependent environment? Do you have a passion for developing real estate strategy? As part of our Real Estate and Development group, you’ll have a meaningful role in transforming spaces into our corporate offices, stores, and product development centers. You’ll also help locate, develop, and manage these properties around the world. You and your group will travel the world in search of groundbreaking new and sustainable materials. You’ll be an integral part of ensuring that Apple’s continued growth is sustainable and successful worldwide. Our goal is to ensure those workplaces also run smoothly, so everyone at Apple can focus on what they do best. Join us, and together, we’ll make it possible for Apple’s physical spaces to reflect the same simplicity and beauty as our products. You will be responsible for scheduling and completing repair requests made through the Facilities work order system.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience working in a fast paced multi-facility environment, with a focus on providing the best possible service to a demanding group of customers
- Demonstrated ability to plan and prioritize tasks in a self-directed work environment and maintain high levels of productivity without direct supervision
- Wide experience performing a variety of electrical, plumbing, food equipment and building repairs
- Strong customer service and problem solving aptitude
- The ability to communicate effectively and provide direction to contractors and vendors performing services for the company
- Valid Drivers license with good driving record
- Must have the ability to learn quickly, work autonomously, and address any issues that arise day or night
- Detail oriented
- A willingness to provide on-call support in case of emergencies or other off-hours issues
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Works directly with the Facilities Maintenance Supervisor to ensure all Apple facilities and all related equipment are maintained to highest standards. Close coordination with the Facilities Service Center and the Facilities Building Managers is necessary to ensure services do not impact business operations. Build and foster a culture of teamwork. This position regularly interacts with people at all levels throughout the company and should represent the Facilities Department as a professional partner at all times. This position will frequently know confidential information about special events and always be discrete to not disclose any details while still trying to plan services to support the event.
Education & Experience
College degree or technical training or equivalent work experience required