Environmental Health & Safety Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you love working in a complex, global, interdependent environment? As part of our Real Estate and Development group, you’ll be an integral part of ensuring that Apple’s continued growth is sustainable and successful worldwide. Our goal is to ensure those workplaces also run smoothly, so everyone at Apple can focus on what they do best. The EHS team at Apple is growing and we need ambitious, dedicated and flexible professionals to join a dynamic team committed to protecting the environment, health, and safety of our employees, customers and the global communities where we operate, while supporting our stakeholders in their mission to develop amazing products. Apple is looking for an experienced Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Professional to join the Special Projects EHS team. This role supports a fast paced environment and assists in the development, implementation and management of Apple’s EHS programs.
- Chemical Engineering background or Chemical Management experience in an EHS role
- 10 or more years experience in the development, implementation and operation of:
- Chemical review and approval processes
- Chemical safety and management programs
- Hazardous waste, DOT/IATA compliance and emergency response teams
- Risk assessment and hazard control practices
- Incident response and investigation procedures
- Posses the skills and ability to perform:
- EHS Program Development and Implementation
- Environmental permitting and regulatory compliance monitoring
- Workplace safety and compliance inspections
- EHS Training development and delivery
- Additional skills and experience in the following areas are desirable:
- New tool/process installation and permitting
- Qualitative and quantitative exposure assessment
- Develop positive relationships with Federal, State, and Local regulatory agencies for the facility and manage permits, regulatory inspections, and incident reporting
- Ability to build and develop strong relationships with Apple internal functions, including Facilities, Project Management, Legal, Security and business group leadership.
- Strong experience working within technical, intensive R&D environments
- Willingness to be on a 24 hour emergency response on-call rotation
This position will help define, implement and manage EHS programs to ensure safety and environmental protection and compliance are maintained at Apple facilities located in the Bay Area. Major areas of responsibility include: chemical safety, lab safety, equipment safety, hazardous waste management, emergency response, EHS compliance inspections, and support hazard and operability studies and design review.
Education & Experience
BA or BS program in a relevant EHS discipline; Master’s degree and preferred Certified Industrial Hygienist, Professional Engineer or Certified Safety Professional preferred 10-15 years broad-based EHS experience, with special emphasis on chemical and process safety, and risk assessment and control.