Mechanical Design Lead, Hardware Systems for Machine Learning
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Lead the Mechanical Design and Development for next-generation Camera and Sensing Technologies Design, prototype, and develop Machine Learning Data Collection system hardware for next-generation Technologies in Apple products! Our team develops state of the art Camera and Sensing solutions that are central to Apple’s products, including the iPhone, iPad, watch, MacBooks, and more. The key goal of the Camera / Sensing team is to enable the world’s best user-experience. New challenges arise everyday that require the sharp analytical skills of talented and smart individuals. To be successful, you should be able to thrive in a dynamic, agile, multi-disciplinary, and hands-on environment that values engineering excellence, creativity, and innovation. Come, join us in crafting premier solutions!
- Strong background and experience in mechanical design, 3D modeling, prototyping, development, and project leadership.
- Experience with small scale manufacturing.
- Scientific method, experimental process, root cause analysis, tolerance analysis.
- Excellent critical analysis, and logic/reasoning skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and people skills; ability to interact with management, team members and external vendors.
- Experience with applied knowledge in flex circuits, printed circuit boards, material science, basic physics and basic chemistry.
- Experience with camera, and sensor technologies.
- Experience and expertise with hands-on prototyping tools.
- Drive end to end development of mechanical architecture and design for the electro-mechanical systems. These systems will enable machine learning team to collect data using new technologies developed by camera and sensing team. - Brainstorm, design and implement mechanical infrastructure for characterization and validation of camera and sensor technologies to enable technology development. - Generate innovative ideas with cross-functional teams to enable early technology development. - Go-to-person for production/manufacturability best practices and guidelines. - Mentor junior engineers on ME design Apple practices & processes - Participate in design brainstorm and design reviews. - Responsible for ME tasks related to functional prototype fabrication, assembly, bring up, debug, and testing. - Responsible for mechanical design using 3D CAD, failure analysis and problem solving. - Responsible for driving contract manufacturers for part manufacturing and assembly.
Education & Experience
MSME with minimum 10 years of electro-mechanical industry experience.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.