Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you love working in a complex, global, interdependent environment? Do you have a passion for developing real estate strategy? As part of our Real Estate and Development group, you’ll have a meaningful role in transforming spaces into our corporate offices, stores, and product development centers. You’ll also help locate, develop, and manage these properties around the world. You and your group will travel the world in search of groundbreaking new and sustainable materials. You’ll be an integral part of ensuring that Apple’s continued growth is sustainable and successful worldwide. Our goal is to ensure those workplaces also run smoothly, so everyone at Apple can focus on what they do best. Join us, and together, we’ll make it possible for Apple’s physical spaces to reflect the same simplicity and beauty as our products. You will be responsible for scheduling and completing repair requests made through the Facilities work order system.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience working in a fast paced multi-facility environment, with a focus on providing the best possible service to a demanding group of customers
- Demonstrated ability to plan and prioritize tasks in a self-directed work environment and maintain high levels of productivity without direct supervision
- Wide experience performing a variety of electrical, plumbing, food equipment and building repairs
- Strong customer service and problem solving aptitude
- The ability to communicate effectively and provide direction to contractors and vendors performing services for the company
- Valid Drivers license with good driving record
- Must have the ability to learn quickly, work autonomously, and address any issues that arise day or night
- Detail oriented
- A willingness to provide on-call support in case of emergencies or other off-hours issues
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Work includes but is not limited to: Plumbing repairs and maintenance to include clearing clogged lines, toilet and urinal replacement, locating and repairing leaks, flush valve repair and fixture replacements. General carpentry work. Minor electrical repairs. A basic understanding of electrical safety is a requirement. Door and door hardware repair and replacement including closer replacements, wood, glass and metal door repair and replacement and emergency board-ups. Investigating noise complaints and dispatching the appropriate vendor as necessary to make corrections. Emergency and permanent repairs to mitigate trip, slip and fall hazards. Providing support to various internal business units to perform a wide variety of services ensuring that special events are successful. Various types of flooring and ceiling repair. Respond to emergencies including nights and weekends when on call to correct unsafe or hazardous conditions.
Education & Experience
College degree or technical training or equivalent work experience required.