SDS Network Support Engineer
Sacramento, California, United States
Do you want to join a team that is essential to the success of Apple? Become a part of the responsibility for the data collection and reporting for all of Apple’s hardware products around the world. At SDS we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work; inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and important experiences. You'll be joining our diverse and talented team to summarize, simplify, and solve complex problems in our global manufacturing ecosystem. We advance technology by relying on each other's strengths and skills to build something bigger than ourselves. For this reason, team culture is central to our values. We value social skills and integrity as much as technical craft. We are currently looking for a highly motivated, technically savvy, customer focused Network Support Engineer to support Apple's global manufacturing network ecosystem. This is a fast paced and highly demanding environment with a solid focus on problem solving. If you have a strong passion to work in a growing environment of innovation while exuding deep collaboration skills, this position is for you.
- 5+ years of experience working in an enterprise environment
- 5+ years of experience in supporting and maintaining networking infrastructure
- 3+ years of experience in network incident and problem management
- Extraordinary interpersonal communications and customer-service skills
- Excellent English oral and written communications skills
- Ability to thrive under pressure and manage difficult situations
- Experience managing outages and upgrades.
- Vendor coordination and troubleshooting on service provider links at a large enterprise
- Skills and experience in configuring and troubleshooting network devices which includes switches, routers, firewalls, load balancer in a large enterprise consisting of multiple environments (WAN, LAN, and data center traffic management)
- Proficiency in network design, implementation (Physical and Logical) and setting up routing/switching.
- Experience performing packet analysis and network forensics.
- Experience needed to configure monitoring tools. Ability to maximize network performance through monitoring
- Experience troubleshooting DNS, NetScaler, Nginx and Global Server Load Balancers (GSLB)
- Ability to analyze complex problems, quickly develop creative solutions while adapting to a dynamic environment.
- Configuration Management tools like Ansible, Salt, Chef or Puppet automation technologies
- Experience working with Linux in an enterprise environment
- Solid grasp of Linux network and security stack.
- Cisco CCNA/CCNP certification and competencies.
- Citrix CCP-N certification and competencies.
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. - Responsible for working with multi-functional technical teams to assist with system architecture with a solid focus on network design, network security and network data transfer optimization. - Work with Apple’s Global Network System teams to resolve network related issues impacting LAN and WAN infrastructure - Responsible for the operational monitoring of data network infrastructures and load-balancers - Leading day to day operation of the networks and carrying out scheduled maintenance activities - Responsible for the resolution of network faults (support) - Responsible for the escalation of network faults or performance issues to the next level and upper management. - Responsible for carrying out approved changes to the network infrastructures. - Experience working with firewalls and other standard network security equipment and software - Liaise and coordinate with international counterparts for various project implementations. - Maintain documentation of the environment and operational procedures
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Preferred Experience and Skill
- - Python, PERL and Bash shell scripting capabilities
- - Cisco - CCNP certification
- - Citrix – CCP/CCE Networking certification
- - Cyber Security Certification (CISSP or similar)