Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Universal Media team owns the knowledge graph, which powers user experiences across a variety of Apple services - Apple TV App, Siri, Safari and Spotlight Search, iTunes and more. We're building the next generation knowledge graph based on advanced algorithms, machine learning and natural language processing. We’re hiring a machine learning software engineer to join the team and help deliver the next waves of services. You’ll design and implement end-to-end data services that directly impact millions of users. You should be a self starting, energetic individual with excellent communication skills to effectively collaborate with all levels of the organization. You’ll be working in an energizing environment, constantly challenged to push the envelop. You will join a hands-on development team that fosters creativity and generates novel solutions to deliver engineering excellence. Be ready to make something great when you come here. Dynamic, inspiring people and innovative, industry-defining technologies are the norm at Apple. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with our products and services. The same passion for innovation also applies to our business practices - strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. You should join the Apple Universal Media team if you want to help deliver the next amazing Apple product.
- 5+ years of server side Java application development experience in a production environment
- 3+ years experience working with ML algorithms, knowledge of Python and NLP algorithms a plus
- You have experience working with large data sets and pipelines, ideally using tools and libraries such as Hadoop Map-Reduce or Spark
- You have passion for technology, value life-long learning, and enjoy finding the right tool for the job.
- You have excellent judgment and integrity with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- You have worked with Solr/ Lucene, Cassandra and related technologies
- You have broad knowledge of computer science and systems; ability to quickly learn new domains and technologies
- You bring excellent problem-solving and analytic skills
- We value your passion for producing quality products
The Universal Media team is growing. Join the high performing team of creative engineers who add excellent technologies to Siri and Universal Search for Apple TV, Safari and Spotlight across all Apple devices.You should be a self starting,upbeat individual. You bring strong interpersonal skills. You love collaborating with all levels of the organization. You have years of experience developing web applications. You are a collaborative teammate who thrives under deadline constraints. You are able to take on problems with visionary solutions. We provide a technically challenging work environment with lot of learning opportunities.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, or EE, or relevant industry experience is required. MS in Computer Science or related technical field is desired.