Battery R&D Engineering Program Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
As an Engineering Program Manager (EPM) within Apple's HW Technology organization, you will drive development and validation of battery solutions for a wide range of Apple products. We seek a high energy EPM to support technically significant projects where you are expected to bring to bear your engineering background to enable multi-functional teams to deliver cutting edge solutions. You will understand the who, what, and how of leading-edge batteries are developed, equipment lines and builds, have a working understanding of chemistry, and be skilled in orchestrating a hardware development plan and build schedule, then successfully lead execution of that plan. You will have a consistent record of enabling larger multi-functional teams delivering complex systems efficiently and with high quality, with ability to bridge gaps between different engineering teams and broad understanding of engineering concepts and hardware development.
- 5+ years of industry experience (preferable Battery) of taking hardware technologies from concept definition to mass production.
- 5+ years of technical project management experience in battery development
- Experience with running builds in international factory settings is desirable.
- Knowledge of Battery chemistry preferred.
- Strong at facilitating discussion and decisions among a diverse set of partners.
- Demonstrated adeptness in working in a fast-paced, multi-functional environment. Engaged and eager to learn.
- Excellent communication, organizational and leadership skills as well as the ability to filter and distill meaningful information for the right audience.
- Experienced in setting up project plans, anticipate potential roadblocks and react dedicatedly to mitigate against risks or impacts.
- Ability to comprehend, communicate and lead complex design trade-offs.
- Understands and deals well with rapid development cycles; remains flexible and calm in the face of ambiguity. Highly adept in multi-tasking of both short-term and long-term activities.
- Ability to travel internationally to support product builds or development activity; experience in working with international suppliers.
• Lead a multi-functional team of chemical and mechanical engineers, operations, and supplier teams, utilizing a strong technical background to identify, assess and communicate battery build technical risks and issues. • Facilitate good communication and offer multiple levels of status across a wide spectrum of individual contributors to executive management. • Develop project plans, manage, track and report progress to plan and drive solutions to address any/all identified gaps. • Identify and prioritize project tasks and risks, drive engineering discussions and decisions on critical build and validation needs. • Drive day-to-day activities to meet overall project objectives. • Interface and provide guidance for Apple's vendors. • Identify and engage multi-functional partners for project definition decisions. • Communicate status and big picture to the project team and executive management.
Education & Experience
MS in Engineering required.