Computer Vision & Machine Learning Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
In this position, you will work in a team of engineers, researchers and developers focused on developing cutting edge sensing technologies which will pave the way for the future of Apple products.
- 3+ years experience researching and developing Computer Vision and/or Machine Learning algorithms
- Solid programming skills in C/C++ and Python
- Solid fundamentals in classical Computer Vision and Machine Learning / Deep Learning
- Deep expertise in at least one of SLAM, structure from motion, 3D reconstruction; or alternatively biometric sensing such as hand, body, eye or face tracking
- Working knowledge of at least one Deep Learning framework; Tensorflow preferred
- Well versed in camera fundamentals, optics, calibration of camera systems
- Data driven, able to identify key performance metrics and design own benchmarks and testing methodologies
- Ability to develop visual representations and tools which show the important trends and key issues in the data
- Ability to communicate the results of analyses in a clear and effective manner and comfortable working in a cross-functional environment
The position requires great problem solving and analytical thinking, a deep understanding of computer vision and machine learning algorithms, a solid grasp on the image formation process and camera technology, and a curious, inquisitive and hands-on mentality. The main tasks associated to this position range from literature research to algorithm design and implementation; to design and build prototypes, integration, optimization and benchmarking with a strong emphasis on performance and power. You will work closely with hardware teams as well as driver/firmware teams to build our software stack for state of the art machine learning and computer vision algorithms.
Education & Experience
PhD or Master in computer science, computer vision, machine learning, robotics or equivalent professional experience