Postgres DBA / Automation Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Do you like the idea of running global services that are used by millions of passionate people all over the world? Do you enjoy working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Do you want to change the game? Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish.
- 5+ years supporting database infrastructure in a high volume of customer-facing environment
- Strong experience in optimizing and performance tuning of PostGres including drill down analysis
- Hands on experience in configuring and supporting replication
- Background in building of a large infrastructure supporting a high volume of transactions in a mission critical environment
- Exceptional experience administering multi-Terabyte databases
- Knowledge of MySQL is preferred
- Proficiency with SQL, Shell, Python / Perl, GO languages
- Strong communication skills and ability to work effectively across multiple business and technical teams
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, tight deadline delivery timeline
- Aptitude to independently learn new technologies
- Experience in Kubernetes will be a plus.
We are looking to hire outstanding individuals to join our team of Site Reliability Engineering team to support the database infrastructure. Build and run the RDBMS platform that delivers Apple services to all of its customers around the world. Help us build the Apple experience on a global scale. RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE: Responsible for administration of production, QA and development database infrastructure related to Internet Services Provide database architecture and design solutions. Database infrastructure Setup, Configuration, upgrading/Patching, Monitoring and troubleshooting Build the automation scripts for database infrastructure Implementing best practices for DR and Backups Measurement and optimization of system performance Capacity planning and forecast management Participate in new technology/feature evaluation, design and development of highly scalable distributed databases Position requires 24x7 on-call support rotation with other team members
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
- national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- Apple will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
- Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Learn more.
- Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Learn more.
- Apple is a drug-free workplace. Learn more.