Data Scientist, Engineer - Apple Retail
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — we craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that supports the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Do you love problem solving and thinking beyond an obvious solution? Do you thrive in ambiguity and teams where little direction should fuel your creativity? The Apple Retail Data Science team provides insights through data analytics and predictive modeling. We are looking for an authority Data Science Engineer to work closely with the business to drive strategic decisions. You will be excellent at integrating internal and external data sources, building repeatable processes, and visualizing trended data.
- Fluency in SQL, SAS, R, or Python
- Solid technical database knowledge (Hadoop, Teradata, data modeling) and experience optimizing SQL queries on large data
- Familiarity with Tableau
- Experience with data pass back and data QA
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills
- Background in predictive models or e-commerce a plus
- Experience in building data science or data analysis tool a plus
- You will partner closely with Data Scientists to lead the design and implementation of systems and tools to support the modeling efforts of Retail Data Science - You will work multi-functionally with internal teams and external vendors on data pass back, data cleaning, data quality, and data visualization - You recognize opportunities for automation and tools improvement - You will provide technical leadership for a team of data scientists
Education & Experience
BS or MS degree in computer science or equivalent field.