Customer Quality Engineer - Mac
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it.
- 5+ years of industry experience in manufacturing or development of electronics
- Working knowledge and theory of Quality Methods, Design of Experiments, Statistical Process Control methods
- Project management experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Technical systems knowledge related to electronics and mechanical assembly
- Expertise in statistics and quality sampling methodologies
- Third party production quality & process management experience
- Exceptional ability to build relationships
- Able to develop and present conclusions based on analysis to senior executives
- Ability to travel internationally 20%.
Join the dynamic Product Quality Engineering team. You will partner closely with the Engineering, Operations, and AppleCare teams to ensure our customers have the best customer experience. •Own and drive key quality metrics •Provide regular VP level communication of program quality •Monitor Outgoing Quality Control (OQC) and Final Quality Assurance (FQA) processes at OEM sites •Monitor Customer Experience metrics in the field •Manage quality escalations •Drive on-going product improvements with Manufacturing, AppleCare and Engineering teams •Conduct periodic reviews of Field/Factory Quality Data with OEM partners •Leads weekly Quality Improvement Forums •Generate Product Health summaries on a regular basis •Set up automated reporting systems
Education & Experience
BS or MS degree in Engineering Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.