Siri - NL Annotation Project Lead
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Play a part in the ongoing revolution in human-computer interaction. Give to a product that is redefining mobile computing. Build groundbreaking technology for large scale systems, spoken language, big data, natural language processing, and artificial intelligence. And work with the people who built the intelligent assistant that helps millions of people get things done — just by asking. Join the Siri team at Apple.
- Strong understanding of English language linguistics, syntax, and grammar; and applications to Natural Language Processing
- Experience developing, implementing, and communicating a complex ontology or taxonomy system
- Proficient computer (MacOS) skills; experience with general office software
- Excellent communication and documentation skills; ability to interact with all levels of engineers, in-house annotators, and remote/crowd workers
- Excellent project management skills; able to interface with stakeholders to prioritize competing projects and set, and maintain, a schedule for milestone and project completions
- Extensive prior experience in linguistic annotation; tasks may have included named entity recognition, part of speech tagging, constituency parsing, dependency parsing, or application-specific natural language parsing
Siri’s Natural Language Understanding is powered by high quality, detailed linguistic annotations. The NL Annotation Project Lead is instrumental in coordinating annotation projects with human annotators and stakeholder data scientists & machine learning engineers. Responsibilities include - Reviewing and advising the development of annotation project strategies, interfaces, and guidelines - Relaying and interpreting project guidelines and instructions for annotators - Serving as an interface for feedback and questions from annotators back to data scientists - Prioritizing and scheduling projects to align with organizational goals and timelines - Coordinating with vendors and Apple Finance to establish long-term partnerships and ensure proper & accurate invoicing - Monitoring and managing individual annotator performance metrics (accuracy, throughput), providing feedback and guidance for improvement
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s or Master’s in Linguistics or similar field, 2+ years experience as linguistic annotator. Experience as linguistic annotation project/team coordinator preferred.