Hardware Validation Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Design, develop & launch next-generation Wireless Power Technologies in Apple products. We believe the future is Wireless. The mission of the Wireless Power Technology team - Create the world’s best Wireless Charging user-experience by inventing state-of-the-art technologies. The Wireless Power Technology team develops bleeding-edge Wireless Charging designs that are central to Apple’s products - the iPhone, Apple Watch, AirPods, AirPower and more. New challenges arise everyday that require the sharp problem-solving skills of talented & smart individuals. The team features a collaborative and hands-on environment that fosters engineering excellence, creativity & innovation. Join us. Pioneer best-in-class Wireless charging, for a new Wireless world.
- B.S. or M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent required.
- EE fundamental knowledge in analog/digital design, embedded systems, etc.
- Experience in creating test automation scripts using Python, Perl, Shell, C++ or similar.
- Experience with data processing and visualization tools such as JMP, Matlab or excel.
- Proficiency with code revisioning systems such as GIT or SVN.
- Experience with bench validation and characterization.
- Hands-on experience in prototype bring-up and debugging, functional verification.
- Experience with lab instruments such as Oscilloscopes, Spectrum analyzers, network Analyzers, etc.
- Comfort with a fast-paced environment and appetite for Innovation, Rigor & Healthy Paranoia
- Strong communication (written & verbal) & problem solving skills - self-starter driving problems to resolution
- Experience with high volume manufacturing and statistical production tolerance analysis - plus
Develop and execute validation, verification and characterization plans for Apple wireless charging group, from proof of concept to production. Design and develop HW & SW infrastructure to help automate validation and characterization tests. Perform GR&R analysis. Correlation analysis between automation and bench testing. Bring-up prototype hardware for the next generation of Apple products. Design of Experiments (DOE) creation, execution and initial data analysis. Creation of detailed documentation for test plans and specifications. Engage and collaborate with cross-functional teams such as firmware, software, product design, hardware, etc. Business travel to support product development/test bringup at vendor facilities.
Education & Experience
B.S. or M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent required.