Power System Design and Integration Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
We believe the future is Wireless. The mission of the Wireless Power Technology team - Create the world’s best Wireless Charging user-experience by inventing state-of-the-art technologies. The Wireless Power Technology team develops bleeding-edge Wireless Charging designs that are central to Apple’s products - the iPhone, Apple Watch, AirPods, AirPower and more. New challenges arise everyday that require the sharp problem-solving skills of talented & smart individuals. The team features a collaborative and hands-on environment that fosters engineering excellence, creativity & innovation. Join us. Pioneer best-in-class Wireless charging, for a new Wireless world.
- M.S. in Electrical Engineering (analog & mixed-signal design, especially board-level circuits) or M.S. in Applied Physics (Electro-magnetics, Thermodynamics) or industry experience equivalent.
- Experience / background in Power & Magnetics (Electromagnets, Motors, Transformers) preferred
- Hands-on experience in system design & integration - including uC & digital buses (SPI, I2C)
- Hands-on experience in prototype bring-up and debugging, functional verification
- Proficiency in Python, C/C++ or other scripting languages
- Proficiency in COMSOL, MATLAB, SPICE or other simulation tools
- Comfort with a fast-paced environment and appetite for Innovation, Rigor & Healthy Paranoia
- Strong communication (written & verbal) & problem solving skills - self-starter driving problems to resolution
- Experience with high volume manufacturing and statistical production tolerance analysis - plus
- Experience supporting contract manufacturers & designing high volume products (concept-to-production) - plus
New Power system Design & Integration - from Prototyping to Production. New power technology proof-of-concept investigations Power architecture down-selection using key performance metrics Power system analytical modeling, design simulation & analysis for prediction of design outcome Prototype (including new ASIC) building, system bring-up, characterization, testing and validation ‘Wall-to-battery’ circuit design ownership - including schematic capture & layout of boards & flexes Production system-level problem solving - Failure analysis, root cause & corrective action proposal Design of Experiments (DOE) creation, execution and data analysis Author engineering specifications & verification / validation plans Feature and spec input during future ASIC definition Business travel to support product development Cross-functional Responsibilities: Engage and collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop & deliver state-of-the-art Power system solutions - including Mechanical Engineering, Firmware Engineering and Thermal Engineering teams Contribute technical assessments to strategic decision-making relating to technology and investments Draft and communicate updates to Apple executives pertaining to key development checkpoints
Education & Experience
M.S. in Electrical Engineering (analog & mixed-signal design, especially board-level circuits) or M.S. in Applied Physics