Siri - Sr. iOS Engineer - Platform
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Play a part in the next revolution in human-computer interaction. Contribute to a product that is redefining mobile computing. Create groundbreaking technology for artificial intelligence. Transform the way people interact with the lights, locks, thermostats and devices in their homes. Work with the people who created the intelligent assistant that helps millions of people get things done — just by asking. Join the Siri team at Apple. The Platform team at Siri works on the client frameworks, distributed systems and services that help Siri answer your questions while you’re speaking to Siri.
- Ability to apply Computer Science fundamentals (basic algorithms and data structures) to real world problems
- Proficiency in Objective-C or C++
- API design skills that translate into simple and easy to use interfaces for colleagues and customers
- Proven ability to implement and debug multi-threaded software
- Practical understanding of network protocols and communications frameworks
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills
Siri's ability to answer your requests is enabled by speedy and efficient delivery of customer behavior data from customers’ devices to our services and storage systems. Customer behavior data enables machine learning systems and strategic decision making. In this role, you will work on the client frameworks and protocol for logging behavioral data, invent novel mechanisms for data storage and representation, identify inefficiencies and architect solutions for sending behavioral data from hundreds of millions of devices to the Siri service.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science, other technical degree or meaningful work experience
- -Experience building Objective-C or Swift interfaces to high-performance systems
- -Prior experience building frameworks and libraries for other engineers
- -Hands-on experience with data replication and synchronization