Siri - Sr. Server Platform Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Play a part in the next revolution in human-computer interaction. Contribute to a product that is redefining mobile computing. Create groundbreaking technology for artificial intelligence. Transform the way people interact with the lights, locks, thermostats and devices in their homes. Work with the people who created the intelligent assistant that helps millions of people get things done — just by asking. Join the Siri team at Apple. The Platform team at Siri works on the distributed systems and services as well as the client frameworks that help Siri answer your questions while you’re speaking to Siri.
- Ability to apply Computer Science fundamentals (basic algorithms and data structures) to real world problems
- Proficiency in a modern server-side programming language (e.g., Java, Python, or C++)
- Experience designing, debugging, and implementing large-scale distributed systems and services
- Proven ability to implement and debug multi-threaded software
- Expertise building web services and APIs for other developers
- Practical understanding of network protocols and communications frameworks
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills
Siri's ability to answer effectively is determined by speedy and efficient delivery of data from your iPhone or iPad to our services and storage systems - we call this syncing. In this role, you will work on the protocol for synchronizing data from client to server, invent novel mechanisms for data storage and representation, identify inefficiencies and architect solutions for data synchronization, and build planet-scale web services. You will love this role, if you're passionate about distributed systems, replication, and large scale-services with an eye towards delighting our customers. Internal Details
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science, other technical degree or meaningful work experience.