Graphics Product Technology & Methodology Engineer
Austin, Texas, United States
Do you love building elegant solutions to highly complex challenges? Do you intrinsically see the importance in every detail? As part of our Silicon Technologies group, you’ll help design and manufacture our next-generation, high-performance, power-efficient processor, system-on-chip (SoC). You’ll ensure Apple products and services can seamlessly and expertly handle the tasks that make them beloved by millions. Joining this group means you’ll be crafting and building the technology that fuels Apple’s devices. Together, we enable our customers to do all the things they love with their devices. In this cross-functional role, you will be responsible for pre and post-silicon tasks related to measurement and improvement of power in the context of GPU implementation.
- Experience in DFT fault models and be able to Speed path debug using Scan Diagnosis
- Understand Logic design, circuits, and architecture and impacts that differences in these have on Silicon performance across PVT.
- Experience with STA methodologies and sign-off criterion
- Demonstrated ability to debug hardware problems from waveforms and/or through designed silicon experiments (DOE)
- Proven debug skills for SCAN / Functional debug in the context of logic circuits across PVT
- Perl/Python programming preferred
- Experience with test program development on various platforms and handling ATE test program for characterization and data collection, a plus
- General Test planning, a plus
Drive GPU inputs into Product & Test Engineering Test Plans Perform data analysis, characterization, and fault isolation Proven ability to drive GPU Voltage settings & sign off corners (PVT) while considering various product performance modes and guard bands Your depth of expertise in fostering the correlation of technology models to silicon performance across multiple platforms, including influencing design sign-off decisions Be the primary interface between foundry and technology groups, GPU design groups, Design For Test, and Silicon Validation Influence IR/IVD analysis decisions & drive correlation between simulation and silicon. Drive Advanced Fault model correlation and quality trade-offs Influence and drive implementation of DFX features in to GPU designs Debug waves to aid in root cause of issues
Education & Experience
BS/MS/PhD CE/EE or equivalent is required