Graphics Product Technology & Methodology Engineer
Austin, Texas, United States
Do you love building elegant solutions to highly complex challenges? Do you intrinsically see the importance in every detail? As part of our Silicon Technologies group, you’ll help design and manufacture our next-generation, high-performance, power-efficient processor, system-on-chip (SoC). You’ll ensure Apple products and services can seamlessly and expertly handle the tasks that make them beloved by millions. Joining this group means you’ll be crafting and building the technology that fuels Apple’s devices. Together, we enable our customers to do all the things they love with their devices. In this cross-functional role, you will be responsible for pre and post-silicon tasks related to measurement and improvement of power in the context of GPU implementation.
- Experience in DFT fault models and be able to Speed path debug using Scan Diagnosis
- Understand Logic design, circuits, and architecture and impacts that differences in these have on Silicon performance across PVT.
- Experience with STA methodologies and sign-off criterion
- Demonstrated ability to debug hardware problems from waveforms and/or through designed silicon experiments (DOE)
- Proven debug skills for SCAN / Functional debug in the context of logic circuits across PVT
- Perl/Python programming preferred
- Experience with test program development on various platforms and handling ATE test program for characterization and data collection, a plus
- General Test planning, a plus
In this cross functional role, drive GPU inputs into Product & Test Engineering Test Plans Perform data analysis, characterization, and fault isolation to determine the root cause of issues We value proven ability to drive GPU Voltage settings & sign off corners (PVT) while considering various product performance modes and guard bands Your depth of expertise in championing the correlation of technology models to silicon performance across multiple platforms, including influencing design sign-off decisions will serve you well on our team. Be the primary interface between foundry and technology groups, GPU design groups, Design For Test, and SiVal Influence IR/IVD analysis decisions & drive correlation between simulation and silicon. Drive Advanced Fault model correlation and quality trade-offs Influence and drive implementation of DFX features in to GPU designs We would like you to join our team if you can debug waves to aid in root cause of issues Are you a confident problem solver who thrives under pressure to find new, creative solutions? Are you ready to help chart the future of Apple's ecosystem? If so, we are excited to hearing from you. 20% (International Travel may be required)
Education & Experience
BS/MS/PhD CE/EE or equivalent is required