Siri - Software Engineer/Data Scientist
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Would you like to play a part in the next revolution in human-computer interaction? Join the Siri team at Apple. Contribute to a product that is redefining mobile computing. Build groundbreaking technology for artificial intelligence. Work with the talent dense team who created the intelligent assistant that helps millions of people get things done — just by asking.
- 3 years of professional/industry software engineering experience
- Has shipped customer-facing features or product functionality
- In-depth development experience with server-side Java (or similar languages), expert knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Expertise in machine learning topics and their application, including classification, feature engineering, information extraction, structured prediction, clustering, semi-supervised learning, topic modeling, and ranking.
- Proficiency in data science and analytics, including statistical analyses and A/B testing Experience designing, conducting, analyzing, and interpreting experiments and investigations.
The Siri team is looking for a software engineer with a strong data science focus. This role would take Siri to the next level of intelligence and accuracy by using advanced statistical techniques to improve the quality of customer features. This involves working on core machine learning algorithms and systems that are part of Siri's ability to understand and respond to requests. You should be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment with rapidly-changing priorities and technology stacks. A thirst for designing new technology with a user-first mindset is essential. SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE: - Develop Siri features end-to-end, including proactively collaborating with XF teams as needed for progression. - Work with multiple teams across the organization to gain a deep understanding of the Siri architecture. - Develop systems that are highly reliable, scalable, but surprisingly easy to maintain. - Be actively involved in collaborating on product direction, giving feedback in the right way to the team, and bringing new issues up in a safe way for team discussion.