Video Content Planner
Culver City, California, United States
We love movies and we love TV. When the storytelling is good, it can be emotional, transformational, enraging, insightful, thought-provoking or just a really good laugh. There’s never been a better time to be a fan of video content, but you can have too much of a good thing and that’s precisely why we do what we do. Apple’s video services are laser focused on curation and discovery. There’s a team of people with a passion for video behind every item on our store pages. We watch hundreds of films and binge hours and hours of television in order to help our customers find both the biggest titles and the most interesting new voices across media types and genres. We work with all kinds of content partners: studios, networks, channels, independent labels, SVOD services and MVPDs to bring the best content to Apple video customers and let them consume it on their terms. We curate all that content to Apple customers clearly and concisely with zero friction through the iTunes Movies & TV store, where customers can buy or rent their video content, and the Apple TV App, where they can access content from dozens of the video apps they care about most. We help our customers discover their next favorite movie or TV show on a daily basis. We’re looking for a film & TV expert to join our business team as a Content Planner to ensure the best content experience for our video customers. The Content Planner will bridge the gap between our business partnership managers and our content programmers to determine what the most relevant content is for the Apple video customer. They will evaluate all relevant content inputs: business and marketing partnerships and programs, release schedules, consumer demand and analytics to determine the top content priorities for our services daily. They will be the master calendar keeper for all video priorities from all content partner sources for iTunes Movies, iTunes TV and the Apple TV App. They will be the content calendar subject matter expert for all internal video business teams, including management, business partnerships, marketing and programming. They will develop sales and promotional plans for content based on deep analysis and customer understanding for our partnership managers to implement with partners and our programmers to bring to life on our services. Ultimately, they are a key driver of consumer engagement and revenue growth for all of Apple Video.
- You should have 10+ years of content planning experience at a studio, network, channel or digital platform.
- You are passionate and knowledgeable about movies & TV content and the digital media spectrum, including all video business models, including transactional, SVOD, AVOD and vMVPDs.
- You are able to successfully organize and prioritize content based on business and marketing inputs, analytics and consumer demand.
- You are skilled at developing and exercising cross-functional influence, translating between business owners and content programmers.
- You are an excellent communicator, collaborator and planner with meticulous attention to detail.
- You have deep understanding of the Apple Video ecosystem and are a power user yourself.
- You have strong analytical skills to evaluate the impact of content campaigns.
- You are a driven self-starter and able to work in a rapidly changing environment.
- You are a highly motivated and collaborative teammate.
- You work well under pressure and with strict time deadlines.
• Maintain the master content calendar from all sources: transactional movies, transactional TV and Apple TV app partners. • Synthesize all content information coming in from partner managers and translate to an overall content strategy. • Determine the daily content priorities for the programming team to implement on the iTunes movies and TV stores and the Apple TV App. • Communicate content priorities to all internal business units: management, business partner managers, programming, creative, marketing and PR. • Advise business partner managers on content schedule and sales programs to work with studio and network partners to effectively grow their businesses. • Brainstorm content promotions with programming team to effectively engage and grow video customer base. • Develop sales and programs to drive transactional video growth. • Analyze daily and weekly performance sales and promotional programs.
Education & Experience
BA/BS required MBA a plus