Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. You will play a meaningful role within the Project Management Office (PMO) support all of Apple Operations and Sales project teams. This person would work in a range of capacities from supporting strategic planning, through portfolio management and governance, and down to supporting individual project requests for support. In addition, you will play a key role in the delivery of key programs which cut across the normal structure of the project delivery organization and are very high profile in nature. Prior consulting experience with Big 4 Consulting Firms is desirable, but not required.
- Deep understanding of project, program and portfolio planning and delivery to the level that they can set standards, propose policy and coach others.
- A deep understanding of the end to end business processes of a manufacturing business, from sales through the supply chain.
- The ability to bring structure to one’s own work and the work of others.
- Exceptional communication skills, verbal, written and presentation.
- Solid ability to personally deliver large scale initiatives under pressure, with high levels of complexity and ambiguity.
The PMO is a supporting part of the global Business Process Re-engineering (BPR) teams. These BPR teams are the project and business change management function within Apple Sales and Operations. Our PMO has a number of key responsibilities: Setting the standards and tools via which BPR completes its work. Driving strategic alignment through multi-year road-mapping and through leading the annual capital planning process for Sales and Operations. Owning execution at the portfolio level - reporting, cross portfolio impact assessment. Driving organizational development for the BPR teams. Running the management system which the BPR teams utilize to stay aligned and communicate internally. Acting as a program management function for key cross functional initiatives within Sales and Operations. On a day to day basis there are ongoing portfolio management processes which would be your responsibility such as completing ongoing portfolio reporting, highlighting critical issues / exceptions, joining BPR team meetings, training and mentoring BPR team members on how to assure project delivery at Apple. As a background activity, there is change required to continue to mature and hone the tools, methods and techniques which we make available to the BPR teams. There are ongoing organizational development activities which need to be planned, scheduled and executed such as training programs, new joiner inductions, workshops, meetings. You may be called on to step into a critical program delivery role under pressure for a short window of time to assure the delivery of highly visible cross functional programs.
Education & Experience
- Passionate about driving quality within a project organization, and will have a deep understanding of the incremental impact of improving the effectiveness of a project organization.
- Ability to operate independently with conviction and drive teams to the right levels of quality in delivery even under pressure.
- Handle ambiguity in problem definition, have a good handle on business value and have the initiative to craft problems and projects so that they deliver maximum impact.