Software Engineering Intern - Backend
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, phenomenal ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple’s University Recruiting team is looking for a highly motivated, engineering students with a strong background in Back-End Engineering to join its team of highly skilled software engineers. Our software engineers are the brains behind some of the industry’s biggest breakthroughs. OS X, Siri, and iCloud — not to mention the system-level software for iPhone and Apple TV — all started here. This team is on the front line of our constant charge toward innovation. Back-end developers are responsible for making the features that our users love, like Siri, work by presenting data to the user-facing applications. We are actively seeking enthusiastic interns who can work full-time for a minimum of 12-weeks either for our January 2019 session or Summer 2019.
- Strong object-oriented design skills, coupled with a deep knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Proficiency in one or more of the following developer skills: Java, C/C++, PHP, Python, Ruby, Unix, MySQL, Clojure, Scala, Java Script, CSS
- Experience in advanced Big Data methodologies such as Data Modeling, Validation, Processing, Hadoop, MapReduce, Mongo, Pig
- Natural Language, Machine Learning, and/or Artificial Intelligence experience is a plus
- Client-Server protocol & API design Skills
- Knowledge of key/value and column stores is a plus
- Able to craft multi-functional requirements and translate them into practical engineering tasks
- Excellent debugging, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills
Back-end development opportunities are available for students in the following areas: Siri iCloud Core OS OS X Frameworks and Applications Interactive Media Group Audio/Video Software Integration and Localization Advanced Computation iLife, iWorks, Aperture, and Pro Apps iTunes Apple is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Education & Experience
BS/MS/PhD program in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Design, or related fields. You are additionally required to return to school after the internship to continue education or an internship needs to be required for graduation from your school. You also qualify if accepted into a graduate program after graduation.