Siri - Senior Hadoop/Big Data DevOps
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Play a part in revolutionizing how people use their computers and mobile devices. Craft groundbreaking technology for building the most scalable big-data systems in existence. Collaborate with the teams building and testing algorithmic search, machine learning, natural language processing, and artificial intelligence. Join the Apple Search team!
- Experience with Puppet (preferred) or Ansible at 1,000+ nodes
- Experience with Hadoop at 500+ nodes
- Proficiency in Python and Java
The Siri Search team is seeking a Senior Big Data DevOps to join our Data Infrastructure team. Senior DevOps on the search team take primary responsibility for the largest compute clusters at Apple. You demonstrate fluency in Python and Java as a key responsibility of this role is building new custom automation and extensions to Open Source technology platforms. Strong written, verbal and diagnostic skills are necessary to assist our community of several hundred engineers and data scientists collect and index all the world’s information.
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or relevant industry experience is required.
- - Strong experience with command line Linux, Git, and Bash required
- - Experience in SQL, PostgreSQL and other RDBMS preferred, HiveQL and/or ImpalaSQL would be an advantage
- - Experience with Apache Kafka would be advantageous