Hardware Product Insights Analyst
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Apple products are known for their ease of use and quality. Creating products that meet this high standard requires continuously learning from our customer service interactions. If you have a passion for developing insights from real world data, have great attention to detail, and are passionate about improving customer experience, this is the job for you! The AppleCare Business Insights team is seeking a data scientist focused on enhancing its data-driven hardware and software feedback loops. This is an opportunity to be part of a team of analysts dedicated to providing insights to our engineering and operations teams to help inform production and design decisions. The role provides an opportunity to make a real difference to the Apple customer experience.
- 3+ years of industry experience in a data insights/analytics role.
- Advanced data modeling experience, SQL skills, and ETL design
- Significant experience with Teradata
- Experience with advanced data analytics, data transformation and data management projects
- Working closely with business parts in engineering, operations, hardware and software engineering to improve the product feedback loop
- Significant experience with Tableau visualization, including large scale dashboard deployment and maintenance
- Experience with big data and related data analytics and experience with R,Python or similar statistics tools is a plus
- Knowledge of statistics and modeling techniques to develop with an eye toward identifying opportunities for improving business insights
- In-depth experience of analyzing data and creating reports, working with data to identify trends and make recommendations
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior management and comfort with executive level exposure
- Comfortable executing data to day work with minimal supervision
This role is responsible for the development of metrics assets in support of delivering insights spanning hardware and software field performance. The focus will be on expanding an already robust hardware feedback loop, with attention to underutilized data sets, identification of opportunities for early warning on changes in customer service volumes, automation of analytic operations,and enhancement of existing insight assets. Particular attention will be focused on data visualization, automation and trend/pattern detection spanning multiple product lines. DUTIES INCLUDE: - Interacting with product teams to identify questions and opportunities for data analysis, experiments and insights - Developing new performance metrics and data visualization methods that consider the impact of the entire product eco system - Developing algorithms for automated processes to cleanse, evaluate and derive patterns from large datasets spanning disparate sources - Identifying meaningful insights from large data and metadata sources; interpreting and communicating insights and findings from analysis and experiments to operation, engineering and business management.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in statistics, data science, mathematics, industrial engineering, computer science or other scientific or quantitive field.