Service Center Coordinator
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring your passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. As part of our Real Estate and Development group, you’ll have a significant role in transforming spaces into our corporate offices, stores, and product development centers. You’ll also help locate, develop, and lead these properties around the world. You and your group will travel the world in search of groundbreaking new and sustainable materials. You’ll be an integral part of ensuring that Apple’s continued growth is sustainable and successful worldwide. Our goal is to ensure those workplaces also run smoothly, so everyone at Apple can focus on what they do best. Join us, and together, we’ll make it possible for Apple’s physical spaces to reflect the same simplicity and beauty as our products. Supports Shipping, Receiving & Mail Services (SRM) activities in Santa Clara Valley. Provides high-touch customer service and works collaboratively to maintain positive relationships using clear, consistent communication. Responds to incoming questions and requests in a timely manner.
- 5 + years’ experience working in a fast-paced mail facility, call center or similar environment.
- Behaves with a sense of urgency every day. Remains engaged and bought in on the mission and goals of the department.
- Accepts and promotes Apple’s values and policies.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Superb grammar and punctuation skills. This team is the face of the department.
- Exceptional customer service skills. Effective organizational, interpersonal and time management skills.
- You will be a dedicated great teammate and problem solver who digs into the details to make positive contributions. Works collaboratively across all levels and has a sense of curiosity.
- Works well under pressure, maintains composure and exercises good judgement.
- Resourceful and adaptable to changing needs.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with the following:
- Scheduling or calendar software
- Logistics tracking software, expertise with BearTracks
- Database software, experience with FileMaker Pro is a plus
- Numbers or Excel, and Pages or Word
- Ability to perform the following types of physical activities: Lift up to 25 pounds, push/pull to move equipment, bend/stoop/squat/kneel, and reach above shoulders.
- Must be comfortable working in a warehouse environment.
- Quickly addresses incoming emails, phone calls and tickets. Coordinates with colleagues to complete requests. Accepts packages from warehouse staff and courier services. Organizes Hot Shot deliveries for priority items. Enters tracking information into BearTracks. Works with team Supervisor and other team members to create best practices. Learns how SRM operates and remains open to performing short-term training stints in other SRM roles to learn new skills and better understand how to assist customers. Researches problem package issues and quickly resolves problems in order to get packages into the hands of recipients. Completes other duties, as assigned. Remains flexible and prepared for changes to the schedule, including working early mornings, evenings or weekends. Maintains a clean and safe work area.
Education & Experience
College degree preferred.