Hardware Engineering Internship/Co-op
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Experience Apple. There’s the typical job. Punch in, make widgets, punch out, repeat. Then there’s a career at Apple. Where you’re inspired to defy routine. To explore the far reaches of the possible. To travel unchartered paths. And to be a part of something far bigger than yourself. Because around here, changing the world just comes with the job description. Apple is currently seeking enthusiastic EE major interns who can start work anytime from September 2019, January 2020, and/or Summer 2020. The interns will support electrical & system design and integration of the iPod, iPhone, iPad, Watch and Mac computers. The applicants will assist in engineering processes that support the design, integration, implementation, testing, and qualification of various electrical sub-systems.
- Familiar with computer system architecture, digital logic design and verification, and digital and analog circuit analysis, Analog IC
- Interest in chip design; microarchitecture of on-chip interconnection networks
- Antenna, cellular, wireless, OTA, RF Engineering, high-speed signals; wireless communication theory, RF circuit design
- CPU & GPU Architecture
- C, C++, Python, Perl, SQL, assembly, Mac OS X, PH, Obj-C
- VHDL, Verilog RTL, Digital Logic Design
- Measurement equipment: spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, oscilloscope
- Ability to interpret schematics and have exposure to physical design and debugging of circuits via FPGA or PCBs.
- Excellent verbal and written social skills.
- Prior internships or work experience preferred.
Some responsibilities in Hardware Engineering may include: - Engineering Program Management: Identifying, evaluating and driving engineering/quality improvements/new supplier qualifications) - Touch/Displays Engineering: Optics, Flat Panel/HW, Touch Mechanical Design. Design & Execute experiments validating new materials (optical, mechanical); Optimize design for performance and reliability - Wireless Technologies: Antenna Design, RF System Level Validation, Automated Software/Tool Dev, Optimization of RF Automated Systems, RF Sys Analysis - ASIC / VLSI: RTL Design & Implementation, Verification, Integration, Validation, Emulation, Power/Tech & Circuits, CAD, STA, Physical Design, Low Power Design, Signal Integrity, Analog/Mixed Signal, LDV/HDV, DFT - Embedded/Systems Development: Electrical System Design and Integration, System-Level Testing Support, Schematic Capture, Bug Resolution - Audio/Acoustics/Optical Production Testing and Mechanical Test Design - Human Interface Devices: Firmware Eng, Low-Level Microcontroller Code Dev, Prototyping concepts, design verification (FPGA), Streamline Electrical Design - Firmware Development: Writing/Debugging Low level firmware, drivers, protocols and other firmware code, developing embedded firmware solutions
Education & Experience
Pursuing a BS, MS, or Ph.D. in EE/CE/ECE.
- Good written and verbal communication Ability to juggle multiple requests/tests
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.