Siri - ML Engineer - Knowledge Graph
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Knowledge Graph team is looking for outstanding engineers to build the next-generation of knowledge graph and data infrastructure at Apple to power features including Siri and Spotlight. If you are interested in building a world-class knowledge graph that powers Apple's amazing range of products, this is the place to be.
- Extensive systems programming experience in either Python or Java.
- Strong background in computer science: algorithms, data structures, machine learning, and distributed systems
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills
- Self-motivated and have attention to detail
- Able to work as part of a small, focused team and give your best effort
The Siri Knowledge Graph team is building groundbreaking technology in the areas of question answering, knowledge base construction and machine learning. We aim to be a "know-it-all" question answering system, capable of answering questions from hundreds of millions of users about nearly anything. The question answering system is backed by a knowledge graph that was automatically constructed from a vast number of data sources including natural language text, HTML tables, and many others. You will have exciting opportunities to develop novel techniques to rapidly build a more complete and accurate knowledge graph with impact across all of Apple. This knowledge graph not only powers question answering in Siri but also many other features across Apple. THE PROBLEMS WE PURSUE INCLUDE - Information Extraction from natural language text and semi-structured data such as HTML tables - Data Integration (e.g., Entity Resolution and Knowledge Fusion) - Knowledge graph reasoning and inference - Named Entity Linking - Crowdsourcing Excited about shipping products used by hundreds of millions of customers? Applying cutting-edge technologies to create services that just work? If so, this might just be the place for you. Come work in an environment that will challenge you to push your limits, and train you to succeed as part of a team. Candidates must be willing to take on demanding projects in the areas of knowledge base construction, information extraction, and data integration. Key to success will be the ability to deliver results, a passion for perfection, and a willingness to keep learning and improving oneself.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's or Master's or Doctoral degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge Base Construction, Information Extraction, Data Integration, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Ontology
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.