Quality Analytics Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Would you like to play a part in shipping groundbreaking technology of large scale systems with natural language processing and artificial intelligence? You will be working with multi-functional engineering, project management and quality teams to help identify product and process quality issues and improve Siri customer experience. Imagine being part of the team that crafts the intelligent assistant which helps millions of people get things done — just by asking. Join the Siri QA Analytics team at Apple.
- 8+ years experience in driving the organizational behavior by defining and developing key product and process metrics
- Ability to do statistical analysis using tools such as SAS, R or Python and provide actionable business insights
- Hands on experience in mining and transforming data on platforms like Hadoop, Teradata, etc using SQL, Python or Hive SQL
- Experience in presentation of data on various reporting tools like Tableau, QlikView, etc
- Undaunted to tryout new tools and technologies as needed without any inhibitions
- High attention to detail to understand the process and product nuances while reviewing requirements and developing solutions
- Continuous process improvement knowledge and experience
- Experience co-ordinating activities across a global team
- Text/Speech analytics experience is desired but not necessary
Siri Quality Engineering (QE) Analytics team drives product quality, process efficiency and execution speed by providing data driven insights to QE team. This team develops tools to process, analyze and visualize data. To be successful in this role you should understand long and short term goals of the organization and define key product and process metrics accordingly. You would be analyzing data using appropriate statistical methods and tools to provide actionable insights. Your ability to design crisp intuitive dashboards that communicate meaningful information to all partners makes you a key standout teammate. The QE team is spread out globally, so Quality Analytics Engineer is expected to collaborate with global partners to provide and/or seek support. You should drive daily/weekly/monthly QE metrics reviews as needed. Your ability to plan and execute projects on time goes a long way. You should closely partner with data engineering and BI teams to improve their understanding of requirements, challenges in order to minimize and shorten the development cycles.
Education & Experience
B.S OR M.S IN COMPUTER SCIENCE, INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY OR RELATED FIELD
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.