Siri - Software Development Engineer in Test
Seattle, Washington, United States
Machine Learning and AI
Would you like to play a part in the next revolution in human-computer interaction? Contribute to a product that is redefining mobile and desktop computing, create groundbreaking technology to support large scale systems, spoken language, big data, and artificial intelligence and work with the people who built the intelligent assistant that helps millions of people get things done — just by asking? Join the Siri team at Apple as the Siri Software Development Engineer in Test - Features. You will work with tools and automation and help architect next generation test infrastructure. This is a fast-paced role with high visibility, impact and helping to build the most advanced systems in the industry.
- 10+ years of industry experience, including 6 + years as a senior engineer.
- Experience creating test automation and frameworks from ground up in Java, Python.
- Experience with client and server side testing and development.
- Experience with mobile automation testing tools such as Appium, Cucumber and Calabash.
- Expertise with logging and debugging tools including Splunk.
- Experience creating dashboards to capture regression and automation metrics.
- Experience with Databases (SQL, NoSQL).
- Familiarity with CI/CD automation tools such as TeamCity or Jenkins.
- Familiarity with iOS, macOS, shell scripting, and terminal.
- Strong organizational skills and experience working in large cross functional teams.
- Self-motivated and pro-active with proven creative, problem solving and critical thinking capabilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Flexibility to respond and react to a dynamic software environment.
- Experience in testing and debugging remote server API requests or other protocols.
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams is a plus
This position requires a technical lead who possesses an understanding of global users of voice assistants and a creative, user-focused mindset. You will be responsible for executing on automation to ensure that high quality standards are met with targeted goals and metrics leveraging CI/CD practices and spending 90% of your time coding, primarily focused on defining library components and for the underlying test infrastructure and work closely with developers in creating the automation framework to test Siri. We also need a strong standout professional to work cross-functionally. Be ready to do extraordinary things when you come here. Dynamic, inspiring people and innovative, industry-defining technologies are the norm at Apple. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with our products and services. You should join the Apple Siri Quality Engineering team if you want to help deliver the next amazing Apple product
Education & Experience
B.S OR M.S IN COMPUTER SCIENCE, INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY OR RELATED FIELD
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.